Snakes On A Plane

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

1 GOOMBA


Comical satire or thriller? Either way, this movie fails in both genres. I can't even decide what the intentions of the writer and director were. To be camp or not to be camp, that is the question. Multiple times through the movie, I said to my poor friends who had to endure Snakes On A Plane with me, "Am I suppose to laugh?"

However, after a few days of SOAP's poison seeping into me, in retrospect, you can laugh at how bad the movie was. You may not laugh during the movie, but remembering Samuel L. Jackson pop a cap on the airplane's window to suck out all the snakes has to make you crack at the very least a smirk for the shear absurdity. My favorite part was when the token Asian guy, who just happened to know kung fu performs the heroic feat of carrying Blond Woman on his back while he walked on snakes. For that, it gets at least 1 goomba.

But watching Snakes On A Plane is like some psycho form of initiation. You do it for bragging rights. You do it so that you're "in the know." So go ahead, watch it, but please remember that a tag line for this film meant in all seriousness is, "Airline food ain't what you gotta worry about," (<---no, it really isn't what we have to worry about) and then reference my rating system for 1 Goomba films.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 1:25 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment