Because I Said So

Thursday, May 17, 2007

1 GOOMBA

In five minutes, it was already terrible. In six minutes, I knew that there was no hope. I had heard that this movie was bad. A radio personality said it was like Diane Keaton went to her agent and said, "Look, I need to pay the bills. Star me in a movie with 3 other pretty young girls, and I'll play their mother." It was so bad I fast-forwarded through half of the movie, and the only reason why I fast-forwarded through it was because I wanted to see if Mandy Moore would end up with the cute guy (who I later found out did not look as cute when he took his hat off).

Because I Said So is about a nosy, nagging mother whose only goal in life is to meddle in her youngest daughter's love life. Her two eldest daughters, played by Lauren Graham and Piper Perabo, were already married and settled, so lucky Millie, played by Mandy Moore, got all her mother's attention when it came to her relationships. Mom decides to put a personal ad seeking a "mate for her daughter." Millie is unknowingly set up with tall, dark and handsome Architect, the name not important. Meanwhile, Millie finds herself a Musician, name also not important. Mom pushes for Architect. Millie finds out why. Horrible excuse for a movie. Doesn’t even deserve complete sentences.

Reasons why you don't need to see this film:
- Mandy Moore sings, as she does in every one of her stinking movies.
- Lauren Graham's character is exactly like Loreli Gilmore, just watch her show. It's 100 times better.
- Diane Keaton's signature bangs and "I'll-cover-up-every-inch-of-my-skin-up-except-for-my-cheeks-and-mouth-even-though-I-live-in-Venice-Beach" fashion statement.
- Diane Keaton getting it on
- The men aren't cute enough to be worth it

Please, please spare yourselves. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE! Why? Because I said so. Hahahaha. Believe it for not, that line was better than the movie was.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 11:39 PM  
1 comments
Yanks4Life23519 said...

I kinda liked this movie lol...I thought it was cute

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment