Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Monday, June 25, 2007

2 GOOMBAS

Originally, I was planning on giving this movie 3 GOOMBAS. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic, as the name implies. The action scenes were short and mediocre, the themes were really blatant and simple, and it was actually kind of a dumb movie. I also realized that if I gave it 3 GOOMBAS, I'd be saying that it was better than Spiderman 3, which it definitely was not. Spiderman 3 had some really terrible parts and some really cool parts, but Fantastic Four: ROSS was dry and bland.

I don't remember what happened in the first Fantastic Four movie, since it also wasn't fantastic. Usually I forget about those mediocre plot lines pretty quickly, but I think Fantastic Four:ROSS basically started where it left off. Reed Richards and Sue Storm are trying to get married, Ben Grimm is still a rock (happy, but still a rock), Johnny Storm is still a narcissistic, man whore, and the entire world is fixated on the Fantastic Four's celebrity. Then, this Silver Surfer, alien thing comes to Earth and leaves city-size craters everywhere and says that in eight days the world will die.

When I walked out of theater 23, I wasn't fraught with anger or annoyance, like I usually am with films that had so much potential and failed so horribly. This movie kept me interested, but it didn't provide anything other than a two hour window of freedom from the real world (for that I was greatful for at the time). Jessica Alba and Chris Evans were really nice to look at, the rock guy was funny, the shots were well framed, and the CG was pretty cool. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either, so eh? It's what you make of it. Go see it and tell me what you thought.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 1:36 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment