The Astronaut Farmer

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

1 GOOMBAS


Billy Bob, Billy Bob, Billy Bob. What are we going to do with him? It's like he can't decide if he's a good actor or not. The movies he's been doing recently are making me think Slingbalde was a fluke.

Billy Bob Thorton stars as Charles Farmer, a NASA astronaut in-training who was forced to drop out of the program and return to the countryside to save his father's farm. Trying to keep the dream alive and despite his non-affiliation with NASA, he begins building a real-live rocket that will orbit the earth.

The Astronaut Farmer was a terrible drama. It was poorly acted, the plot basis was egregious, and the special effects were terrible. In a movie, the audience has to connect with its main characters, especially in a movie like this. You have to root for your hero, yet the whole time I thought Charles Farmer was a loony bin like everyone else. The wife's character made me angry, and when the wedding ring re-appears I was so annoyed I just about had a smack down with my TV. Instead I fast-forwarded.

I am so glad I didn't watch this movie in theaters. This movie was hardly worth anything. I can't even think of a single good thing to say about it. It was just bad. I can't believe I'm even spending this much time writing this review on such a terrible movie. I'm stopping now.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 9:50 AM  
0 comments

Post a Comment