Fracture

Thursday, August 23, 2007

2 GOOMBAS

I can't help but compare this movie to Breach. The plot was the same, but slightly different (lawyers rather than CIA agents), it was old guy verses cute new guy, and the tone and look was exactly the same. Too bad I never reviewed Breach. I meant to, but that was one of two movies I never got around to reviewing since I started this blog. It was a good movie. Fracture, not so much.

Fresh from his successful portrayal as a strung-out, drug addicted jr. high school teacher, Ryan Gosling, plays a hard-working, cocky lawyer, Willie Beachum on the brink of an ultimate career high, but he takes one last "open and shut case" before moving on to bigger and brighter things. Anthony Hopkin's plays the a defendant, Ted Crawford, who murder's his wife, yet he dares the prosecution to prove it.

This movie was WAY too slow. I kept looking at the DVD timer wondering when Beachum would figure out how Crawford did it. I suppose he just isn't as quick as me. I got the "twist," if you could even call it that, real fast, making the rest of the movie drag and drag. No edge of your seat suspense, no nail-bitting scene of realization, just a sad piece of work. Plus, I have this thing about movies that use pretty girls as props a la Bourne Supremacy.

I was really disappointed with Fracture. It wasn't interesting, the performances were okay, and the plot was boring. I'd recommend Breach over Fracture any day, and that is a sad day for the movieGOOMBA; picking another bad guy over Anthony Hoppkins. I bow my head in shame, but I have to report the truth, and this movie is not worth a fraction of a second.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 4:04 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment