Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

4 GOOMBAS
I love Harry Potter!!! The dorky part of me wishes that I was also a Gryffindor (even though we all know that I'd be a Hufflepuff) with a wand, and a really awesome cloak. Who wouldn't want that, especially the cloak part? The final book, as you hopefully know, is due to come out on Saturday, July 21st; 7 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes from now. No, I'm not the even the slightest bit fanatical. And no, I'm not bouncing up and down in my chair with arms in the air flailing in hysteric excitement. You know this because I'm typing, and to do so requires my hands to be firmly planted on the keyboard . . . GAH! I'm dying over here! I'm about to have a melt down trying to hold it in! GAH AHHH! YAAAY! AHHH! So instead of the physical flailing, you get a written manifestation of it. Lucky you. I have to keep telling myself not to think about it or I'll start doing this silent cheer thing every two seconds, placing me most definitely in the scary geek category.

In, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, or OP, the following events occur: a hideous woman from the Ministry named Umbridge takes over Hogwarts, Harry and Cho make out, Harry teaches his classmates Defense Against the Dark Arts in secret, and there is a prophesy.

I don't really know what to say about the movie. I'm so blinded by the books that I can't even tell if the film is coherent to people who haven't read them. I loved the movie, but I don't know if I love it because I love Harry or because I loved the film. There are uplifting parts, sentimental parts, and funny parts. I thought it was good fix on the part of the film makers to montage the story of the different proclaimations Umbridge instituted with the DA scenes. Not only does it speed up the story, but tells it in an artistic fasion. The special effects are awesome, Harry becomes someone everyone else could look up to, and to top that off, Dumbledore is a bad-ass.

The few complaints I have are the obvious ones; they left out a lot of cool information that the books had. I also didn't like how they dealt with Cho's character, but that's because it was totally different from the book. I just felt like there was no resolution to Harry and Cho's relationship. Are they still together, are they not? I also wished there was a little more fight scene at the end of the film, but if they need to pay Daniel Radcliffe 25 million, it's understandable if they were running low on the budget for CG. I'm facetious, I know.

Anyway, I love Harry Potter. Even if he's suppose to be a miserable, misunderstood jerk in this film. I'm a fan, 100% of the way. I'm bias, so hopefully you take this review with a grain of salt.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 10:40 AM  
0 comments

Post a Comment