I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Friday, January 11, 2008

2.5 GOOMBAS

SYNOPSIS: Brooklyn Firefighters Chuck (Adam Sandler) and Larry (Kevin James) are best friends. Following the death of Larry’s wife, Larry becomes so consumed with his own grief and the pressure of raising his children alone that he forgets to change his primary financial beneficiary to children, and its past the deadline. His only option is to marry, but he trusts no one except his loyal friend, Chuck Levine. They obtain a gay marriage license, but their lawyer is sexy Alex McDonough (Jessica Biel) makes Chuck less faithful to his marriage.

The GOOM: As un-politically correct as this movie is, it had its moments. I was totally compelled by the Adam Sandler-Jessica Biel attraction, and by the end of the film I knew that many of Chuck’s anti-gay comments stated in the beginning were meant to show a change of character. And in celebration of this gay themed film, I thought Jessical Biel was hot.

The BA: I often forget how crude Adam Sandler can be. I only like his wholesome movies like The Wedding Singer or 50 First Dates, so I forget what a retarded jackass he can be. Many of his gay references and sexual innuendos were just too off-the-wall, and it really turned me off during the first half of the film.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 9:35 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment