Rush Hour 3

Friday, January 25, 2008

2.5 GOOMBAS

I just watched this movie two nights ago, and I can’t remember what most of the story was about. I literally had to go and read the Wikipedia article to remind myself of the plot synopsis. What does that tell you? (No, my mind is not going . . . I’m only twenty-four for gosh sakes).

The Is-His-Own-Stunt-Man Jackie Chan and comedian Chris Tucker reprise their roles as Chief Inspector Lee and Detective James Carter in the third installment of the Rush Hour series. The always professional Inspector Lee is off protecting Ambassador Han, but when the Ambassador is nearly assassinated, Lee rushes off (with Carter in tow) to Paris to take down the Triad. Somewhere in there, there is a French showgirl who is key to the plot, a ninja girl who’s kind of annoying, and Han’s daughter, the girl who looks old and young at the same time.

I started out by saying that this movie’s plot is undistinguished, and that’s because it really is. I remember key fight scenes, Jackie Chan’s bad acting, and Chris Tucker’s over acting, but this move isn’t memorable. It is thrown to the masses for pure entertainment, and the plot is an afterthought to Tucker’s one liners and Chan’s ability to swing, kick, and punch. Fun and unbelievable as it is, I do not doubt its future in the $5 bin at Walmart.

Movie Review by Jenn Bollish at 4:49 PM  
0 comments

Post a Comment